Camp Susque offers many kinds of employment opportunities. Our biggest employment season occurs from June-August, when we hire over 100 summer staff to serve at our Summer Youth Camps, Wilderness Trips, and Family Camps. While our Fall-Spring employment needs are less, they are equally as important, and we actively seek to have gifted inviduals fill these roles.
Why Work at Camp Susque?
While each position is unique, the following are some of the general, core benefits that Susque seeks to impart to its employees:
- Support and growth in a small-group based, team atmosphere. This often includes weekly Support Meetings with immediate supervisors as well as community-based lodging for our summer staffers.
- A focus on spiritual life, as well as excellence in getting the job done. As a non-denominational Christian camp, employees’ spiritual lives are of utmost importance. In this manner, we seek to complement employees’ spiritual growth and unity through our Team Ground Rules as well as weekly Team Meetings.
- The ability to be part of a dynamic, exciting ministry, serving thousands of people a year, from youth to families to weekend retreat groups, sharing and exemplifying the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The opportunity to work in a beautiful, four-season, mountainous setting.
Step 1: Sign In OR Set up a Password & Security Questions for your Account
- Upon clicking the Staff Application link below, a new tab will open and you will be prompted to enter your first name, last name, and email. Please enter the email address you receive camp emails from, as this is likely what your account is set up with.
- Upon clicking “Continue,” the system will recognize you have an account on file and ask you to enter your password.
- *If this is the first time you are using this software, you will not have a password set up yet. Click “email a reset account invitation.”* You will be sent an email (to the email address submitted). Please check your JUNK/SPAM folder and note that email delivery may take up to 5 minutes. Click on the link in that email to set up your password and security questions.
Step 2: Fill out the Online Application
- Upon completing your password (and security questions if this is your first time using CampInTouch), you will be automatically logged in to your account and brought to the first page of the application.
Step 1: Create a “CampInTouch” account.
- Upon clicking on the Staff Application link below, a new tab will open and you will be prompted to enter your first name, last name, and email. The email you use will be your login for your account, so choose one that you check frequently and will have for the duration of your time at Susque. And please note that it needs to be a unique, personal email address, not one that a parent or family member has used previously to sign up for camp.
- Upon clicking “Continue,” you will prompted to create a password for your account.
Step 2: Fill out the Online Application
- Once you have created an account, you will be brought to the first page of the application.
After you Apply: Access your Hiring Forms & other Info
- You can access your account at any time by clicking on “Log In” at the top right of our website.
NOTE: For former campers applying for “Staff in Training” position
- You must set up a new CampInTouch account with a personal e-mail address separate from your parent’s e-mail that may have been used previously to enroll as a camper. There will be a prompt in the application to add parent’s contact information. All communication throughout the application and hiring process will be done through e-mail to you and a parent.
*Each applicant must use his/her own email account, not one shared with a family member or parents.
For Further Information
As a potential staff member, you probably have a lot of questions. Feel free to check out our “Staff Details” and “FAQ for Staff” pages. If you don’t see the answers you are looking for, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 570-998-2151. We’d be glad to help!
Summer/Winter Staffing FAQs
What Summer Staff positions are available?
- Boys Program Director
- Girls Program Director
- Support Staff Director
- Head Cook
- Boys Staff-in-Training Director
- Girls Staff-in-Training Director
- Young Explorers Camp Counselor
- Boys Camp Counselor
- Girls Camp Counselor
- Wilderness Trip Leader
- Maintenance & Grounds Crew
- Kitchen Staff
- Office Assistant
- Waterfront Safety Instructor
For Ages 16-18
- Boys Staff-in-Training
- Girls Staff-in-Training
What is the summer schedule?
|Summer 2022 Dates|
|Pre-camp Work Crew||May 16|
|Lifeguard Training Weekend||June 3-5|
|All Counselor Orientation||June 12-25|
|Staff Fellowship Weekend||June 17-19|
|Boys Young Explorers Camp||June 19-22|
|Girls Young Explorers Camp||June 22-25|
|Wilderness Trips Start||June 22|
|Boys Camp||June 25-July 16|
|Girls Camp||July 16-August 6|
|Susque Family Camp||August 7-13|
|Wilderness Trips End||August 13|
|Classic Family Camp||August 14-20|
What are the salary and benefits for summer staff?
Salary & Benefits
A summer at Camp Susque can be one of the most memorable ones of your life! You will find yourself challenged and stretched, as well as having the time of your life (and you get paid)!
In addition to your salary, you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to our onsite health services
- Ability to order outdoor recreation gear at a discount price
- Access to our high speed Wi-Fi during time off
- Opportunity to be certified in 1st Aid, CPR, and Waterfront Lifeguarding for free
- Ability to increase your salary via the Missionary Support Program
- Serving as a counselor is a five week commitment.
- Staff-in-Training receive a different base salary. See the Staff-in-Training page for more details.
- Young Explorers Staff are volunteer.
Is Camp Susque affiliated with a particular church or denomination?
Is Camp Susque a non-profit?
Yes. We are a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization.
Is there internet access at Susque?
Is there cell phone service at Susque?
There is excellent reception for Verizon and AT&T.
How do I get paid while at Susque?
You will receive a paycheck every two weeks, on the 15th and 30th of each month. The money will be directly deposited into the bank account that you specify in your initial hiring paperwork.
What if I don't have a bank account?
Please contact the Office Manager to discuss your options.
Do I need to bring bedding?
Yes. You will most likely be sleeping on a twin bed. Many staff also bring sleeping bags or hammocks to sleep in. Towels and toiletries are also not provided.
Do I need working papers from my school?
If you are under the age of 18, PA state labor laws require you to obtain an employment certificate, also known as “working papers.” If you reside in PA, these can be obtained from your local school district. If you reside outside of PA, you need to obtain an employment certificate from the state and school district in which you will be working. More details are available by contacting our Office Manager.