MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeThe Support Staff shares in Susque’s mission by helping in the kitchen to prepare and serving quality meals to campers and staff as well as by maintaining a clean and safe food service environment as well as helping on the camp grounds by maintaining a clean, safe and functional camping environment in which camp programs may operate.
- 18 years of age (preferred). Support staff may be 17 years having completed the SIT program.
- Prior camping experience is helpful.
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs and walk 2 miles.
- Able to read and write at a middle school / high school level.
- Willing and able to work in a team oriented environment.
Responsible ToSupport Staff Director
- Prepare food under the direction of the Head Cook and/or Food Service Manager.
- Maintain a clean and safe food service environment.
- Basic cleaning on multiple levels of buildings.
- Basic landscaping (e.g., mowing, trimming, etc.) on camp grounds.
- Model a godly work ethic and a servant attitude among staff, campers and guests.
- Prepare, cook and serve meals according to the direction of the Head Cook.
- Clean and care for food service equipment and food preparation areas.
- Be responsible for the supervision of the kitchen help and others designated to work in this area in the carrying out of their duties.
- Assist the Head Cook in food inventory.
- Perform various food service related tasks as assigned.
- Perform cleaning and landscaping chores as assigned by the Support Staff Director.
- Perform a variety of preparatory tasks which support camping programs (e.g., building bonfires, setting up decorations, setting up program areas, etc.)
- Perform various maintenance related tasks as assigned.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.