MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeSIT’s share in Susque’s mission by transitioning from a camper into a qualified staff member of Camp Susque.
- Demonstrate the desire to become a Susque staff member.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out physical responsibilities.
- Be either 16 or 17 years of age by June 15 of the current camping year.
- Able to walk 2 miles.
Responsible ToSIT Director
- Learn and complete various support staff jobs.
- Travel with and participate with a cabin group as an assistant counselor for at least a week of camp.
- Be able to work 6 days on and 1 day off each week.
Outcomes and Objectives (SIT’s will be able to…)
- Describe and model basic Christianity.
- Summarize the history and philosophy of Camp Susque and how it affects the ministry of Camp Susque.
- Take the basic ideas of Christianity and the philosophy of Camp Susque and apply it practically to their lives.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Apply the Susque Team acronym to working at camp.
- Understand the different areas of a successful camp and how they interact and fit together.
- Plan and present various program items such as camper devotions, large and small group games and activities.
- Understand and demonstrate a good work ethic and attitude as it relates to doing housekeeping and other maintenance tasks.
- Understand and demonstrate the camper counselor relationship as it relates to the physical, emotional, and spiritual care of each camper.
- Plan and teach an activity class.
- Finish a large scale project with the rest of the Staff in Training class.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.