Photographer / Videographer
MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ, within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeThe photographer shares in Susque’s mission by capturing and sharing the visible essence of Camp Susque programs and surroundings through photographs and videos.
- 18 years of age. (Note: May be 17 having completed the Camp Susque SIT program.)
- Prior experience in photography and a basic knowledge of computers to be able to create audio/visual productions. Knowledge of Photoshop is helpful.
- Must enjoy outdoor experiences, like camping.
- Able to walk up to 2 miles in heavily wooded areas.
- Able to read and write at a high school level.
- Must demonstrate spiritual maturity as well as a genuine concern for the spiritual well being of children.
Responsible ToCommunications Specialist and Support Staff Director
- Take at least 700 photographs per week of the summer programs (see below for specifics).
- Assist in the creation of end of session productions as well as promotional materials.
- Capture images that reflect: God’s glory in creation, Campers having lots of fun, Community and relationships, the rustic nature of the Susque experience, That Susque cares for campers’ spiritual, physical, and emotional well being.
- The 700+ weekly photographs should include key program activities and events; e.g., activity classes, cabin groups, area activities, chapels, cookouts, meal times, and opening and closing ceremonies.
- Prepare a recap video (with video clips, pictures, and music) of each week to be presented to parents and campers at the closing chapel session. This presentation should be approximately 3 minutes in length.
- Complete special projects as assigned by Communications Specialist.
- When photographing program events, assist program staff in ensuring camper safety.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.