MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeThe Head Cook shares in Susque’s mission by leading the kitchen staff in preparing and serving quality meals to campers and staff as well as by maintaining a clean and safe food service environment.
- 21 years of age (preferred).
- Prior experience in the food service industry.
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Able to read and write at a high school level.
- Must demonstrate spiritual maturity and leadership ability in a team environment.
Responsible ToFood Service Manager
- Guide and inspire the Kitchen Support Staff as to the focus and goals of Camp Susque.
- Lead and assist the Kitchen Staff in the preparation and service of daily meals to campers and staff.
- Lead and assist the Kitchen Staff in maintaining a clean and safe food service environment.
- Prepare and serve meals according to menus and instruction provided by the Food Service Manager.
- Assist in training Kitchen Support Staff in food preparation skills and Camp Susque guidelines.
- Delegate food preparation tasks appropriately to Kitchen Support Staff team and others assigned to assist.
- Plan the daily food preparation schedule in accordance with camp program so that meals are provided in a timely manner for campers.
- Supervise the cleaning and care of kitchen and equipment.
- Assist the Food Service Manager in inventory control by monitoring amounts used and communicating needs and concerns with the Food Service Manager.
- Provide oversight in implementing special program related meals (e.g., picnics, theme nights, etc.)
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.