Boys Young Explorers Camp Counselor
MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeCamp counselors share in Susque’s mission by leading and caring for a group of campers throughout a designated camp program.
- 18 years of age. (Note: May be 17 having completed the Camp Susque SIT program.)
- Prior ministry experience relative to camp counseling is preferred.
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs and walk 2 miles.
- Able to read and write at a high school level.
- Must demonstrate spiritual maturity as well as a genuine concern for the spiritual well being of children.
Responsible ToArea Coordinator (For Young Explorers Camp-Program Director)
- Live with, travel with, and supervise a cabin group of 5-10 campers (Depending on age) for the duration of the specific camp.
- Be able to work for 6 days on and 1 day off each week, and with two hours off a day. For Young Explorers Camp: Be able to work 4 concurrent days with no day off.
- Monitor and guard the emotional, physical, and spiritual health of each camper.
- Teach 1-3, hour long, activity classes such as archery, photography, etc.
- Lead small and large group games and activities throughout the week as assigned.
- Plan and present biblical studies for the cabin group including nightly devotions and a weekly campfire experience which include sharing of personal testimonies.
- Model Christianity for and develop relationships with campers.
- Work as a team with the other members of the staff.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.