MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeThe Camp Nurse shares in Susque’s mission by providing basic health care to campers, staff or guests and by maintaining a clean, comfortable and supplied health care facility during a designated camp program.
- Current Pennsylvania Nursing License
- Current certification in First-Aid, AED and CPR
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs and walk 2 miles.
- Must demonstrate spiritual maturity as well as a genuine concern for the spiritual well being of children.
Responsible ToCamp Director
- Observe the health and well being of campers and staff throughout their stay at Camp Susque.
- Provide medical treatment as needed for all persons in accordance with the standing orders provided by the Camp Physician and the protocols of Camp Susque.
- Maintain a clean, comfortable and well-supplied health care facility.
- Review the Standing Orders and Protocols of Camp Susque.
- Maintain health forms, medical logs (including medication) of campers and staff, and accident reports in a confidential manner.
- Provide health screenings for campers and staff.
- Routinely monitor symptoms of ill health in campers and staff.
- Maintain medication in a locked cabinet in the infirmary.
- Keep all First-Aid kits replenished.
- Maintain a current written list of local emergency treatment and transportation information.
- Maintain a current list of all vehicles and drivers available in an emergency.
- Maintain a consistent presence on camp grounds and communicate whereabouts when not in infirmary.
- Maintain continual supervision of campers staying in the infirmary.
- Be prepared for a critical role in emergencies as described in emergency procedures.
- Make recommendations to Camp Director regarding those ill enough to be seen by a physician or need emergency care.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.