Boys Staff-in-Training Director
MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeThe SIT Director shares in Susque’s mission by leading and training SIT candidates through the SIT program.
- 21 years of age (Preferred).
- College experience (Preferred).
- 2-3 seasons of prior supervisory experience in a camp setting (preferably at Camp Susque).
- Able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs and walk 2 miles.
- Able to read and write at a high school level.
- Must demonstrate spiritual maturity as well as biblical leadership qualities.
Responsible ToProgram Director
- Live with, travel with, and supervise a group of 5-10 Staff in Training candidates for a 4 week program.
- Communicate effectively with all camp staff with which the SIT candidates must interact.
- Model solid Christian living for SIT candidates.
- Able to work for 6 days on and 1 off each week.
- Monitor and guard the emotional, physical, and spiritual health of each SIT candidate.
- Assist with leading “Fellowship Weekend” and SIT Orientation.
- Schedule and actively supervise all SIT activities including but not limited to: Chores, dishes, any program activities, job shadowing, and special projects.
- Correct, teach, mentor, and discipline SITs as needed.
- Resolve interpersonal conflict between SITs as well as SITs and other staff.
- Oversee the completion of the SIT special project for the summer.
- Meet with each SIT weekly to discuss goals, how the summer is going, any problems, and to develop a personal relationship.
- Provide written weekly evaluations of SITs.
- Provide ongoing training for all tasks in which SITs are completing and participating.
- Provide debriefing after each major activity and at the end of each day.
- Plan outings for off-camp events and special SIT events.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and a daily support meeting with the Program Director.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.