Support Staff Director
MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeThe Support Staff Director shares in Susque’s mission by leading the entire Support Staff team and directly overseeing the Operational Maintenance Team (OMT).
- 21 years of age (Preferred).
- College experience preferred.
- 2-3 seasons of prior supervisory experience in a camp setting (preferably at Camp Susque).
- Able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs and walk 2 miles.
- Able to read and write at a high school level.
- Must demonstrate spiritual maturity as well as biblical leadership qualities.
Responsible ToFacilities Manager
- Guide and inspire the Support Staff as to the focus and goals of Susque.
- Schedule and oversee routine maintenance tasks.
- Delegate and assist in needed tasks for summer camping programs.
- Schedule and oversee the OMT for routine maintenance responsibilities and other “projects” in consultation with the Facilities Manager. Note: Scheduling and oversight for Support Staff not on the OMT is completed by those directly responsible for such staff members (e.g., Kitchen Staff is responsible to the Head Cook / Kitchen Manager).
- Provide direction and spiritual guidance (e.g., encouraging daily devotions and chapel attendance) for entire Support Staff (including kitchen workers, host/hostess, OMT, office assistant, photographer, Water Safety Instructor, etc.).
- Orient Support Staff team to camp purpose, philosophy, guidelines, and appropriate ACA and OSHA requirements.
- Model and enforce camp lifestyle guidelines and work ethic among entire Support Staff.
- Complete vehicle safety checks when camp vehicles will be used to transport campers.
- Monitor supply levels and inform Facility Manager when supplies are needed.
- Coordinate various program set-up projects (e.g., picnics, theme nights, etc.)
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.