Boys Summer Program Director
MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeThe Summer Program Director shares in Susque’s mission by implementing a particular camp program and directly overseeing that program’s team (e.g, Area Coordinators and Counselors).
1. 21 years of age.
2. College experience preferred.
3. 2-3 seasons of prior camp counseling/supervisory experience (preferably at Camp Susque).
4. Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs and walk 2 miles.
5. Able to read and write at a high school level.
6. Must demonstrate spiritual maturity as well as biblical leadership qualities.
Responsible ToProgram Director
1. Effectively communicate all program activities, changes in schedule, announcements, and procedures to the entire camp as a large group (public speaking).
2. Plan and execute all appropriate program activities.
3. Train, support, discipline, mentor, and teach all program staff under supervision.
4. Monitor and guard the emotional, physical, and spiritual health of all campers and staff under supervision.
1. Assist with leading fellowship weekend and orientation.
2. Assign all campers and counselors to cabin groups.
3. Schedule and assign campers and counselors to all activity classes, program activities, special activities, chapels, etc.
4. Talk with parents to answer any questions or concerns that might arise.
5. Support and assist counselors and area coordinators with camper and staff discipline.
6. Be in communication with the other non program staff on camp to make the program run smoothly.
7. Attend weekly staff meetings and a daily support meeting with the program director.
8. Provide written evaluation of Area Coordinators(AC), and make sure AC’s complete evaluations of counselors
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.