MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeThe Office Assistant shares in Susque’s mission by carrying out the work of the camp office in an efficient, accurate and friendly manner.
- 18 years of age.
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs and walk 2 miles.
- Able to read and write at a high school level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel or similar software
- Good oral communication skills needed to interact with staff, camper parents, etc…
- Willing and able to work in a team oriented environment.
Responsible ToOffice Manager (Support Staff Director, when not supervised by Office Manager)
- Assist the Office Manager in daily tasks and operations of the camp office as assigned.
- Assist the Office Manager in the registration process.
- Model a godly work ethic and a servant attitude among staff, campers and guests.
- Maintain a clean office environment (vacuuming, dusting, organizing).
- Answer phone as needed.
- Filing of Accounts Payable documents, staff paperwork etc.
- Prepare camper mail (and emails) according to counselor assignment.
- Deliver camper postal mail and emails to dining hall each day prior to lunch.
- Prepare weekly counselor bios and name tags for camper registration.
- Assist at the Registration window each Saturday (i.e. receiving and logging payments, giving parents directions to next station, etc…)
- Assist store personnel in camp store when not needed at the Registration Window on Saturday morning.
- Enter camper registrations into EZCamp database.
- Assist OM in data entry necessary for director reports or registration forms.
- Prepare, distribute and organize camper birthday postcards each week to assigned counselors.
- Assist in the processing of the Missionary Support program documents, mailings, correspondence, etc…as needed.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.