Girls Area Coordinator
MissionThe mission of Camp Susque is biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families. The Susque ministry seeks to introduce campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ within a rustic camp setting. In essence, we want campers to experience their Creator!
PurposeArea coordinators share in Susque’s mission by leading and overseeing campers, counselors and program events of an assigned age group area.
- 18 years of age.
- 1 season of prior camp counseling experience (preferably at Camp Susque).
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs and walk 2 miles.
- Able to read and write at a high school level.
- Must demonstrate spiritual maturity as well as biblical leadership qualities.
Responsible ToSummer Program Director
- Must be able to perform all of the responsibilities defined in the counselor job description.
- Live with, travel with, and supervise an area group of 30-45 campers and five counselors for the duration of the specific camp.
- Monitor and guard the emotional, physical, and spiritual health of each camper and counselor in the assigned area. This may include discipline of campers or staff.
- Plan and execute any age group specific activities throughout the week.
- Provide support to the counselors in areas such as games and activities, camper discipline, caring for campers.
- If not a cabin counselor, act as the fill-in counselor for counselors on their day off.
- Provide a model of Christian maturity for the campers and counselors.
- Communicate with the Summer Program Director on any issues or needs that might arise.
- Communicate activities, plans, changes in procedure and schedule, etc. to the counselors under supervision as well as the Summer Program Director.
- Provide a written evaluation of each counselor.
- Plan and present Biblical studies or presentations to the entire age group area.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any time.