- Date: Wednesdays from September 6-October 4, 2023 (5 sessions)
- *Makeup dates if canceled due to inclement weather: October 11th & 18th
- Time: 7am
- Cost: $30 membership
- Age: 7+
- Description: Welcome to Early Risers! Join us as we embark on the classic hikes of Camp Susque. We’re a passionate group of hikers who relish exploring trails every Wednesday morning. Our diverse team, led by seasoned guides, ensures there’s always someone available to navigate the paths. Our offerings span a wide range of difficulty levels, from easy strolls to challenging treks. See our website for a description of our varied hikes. Participants will receive a free Susque Nalgene and a sticker designed by our talented staff upon completion of each hike.
- Here is a list of our eclectic collection of hikes:
- Susque & Spring Trail – An easy to moderate 1.5-mile loop offering a beautiful tour of various Susque locales.
- Pioneer & Creek Trail – An easy to moderate trail with minimal elevation, it includes stops at the Eagle’s Nest and Moss Run.
- Lookout Loop – A moderate to challenging 3-mile round trip, starting with Evergreen Trail and returning via Birch Hollow Trail.
- Rattlesnake Hike – A moderate to challenging 3-mile round trip up Rattlesnake Mountain via Sugarsnake Hollow and Sugarsnake Falls.
- Moss Hollow to Boundary Trail – A challenging 4.5-mile one-way trail featuring stops at Porcupine Den, Grays Run Overlook, and the Shoe Benchmark. Transportation back to Camp Susque will be provided.We often incorporate conservation efforts into our hikes, such as re-blazing trails, and equipping our hikers with wire brushes, folding hand saws, and gray blaze paint to maintain paths.If you enjoy the thrill of a treasure hunt, join us on the Boundary Trail hike. We may just unearth trig points worth up to $3000 for Susque with our metal detectors!Join us for unforgettable mornings filled with nature, camaraderie, and exploration.
47 Susque Camp Rd, Trout Run, PA, 17771, Price: