Camp Susque is committed to camper safety. To that end, we have set stringent measures in place to guarantee that we have well screened and trained staff. Our activities and facilities are regularly tested and examined.
For more information, check out the sections below.
- Camp Susque performs background and sex offender checks on all staff, including year-round, program and support staff.
- Each Educational Program staff member is thoroughly screened and approved by at least one year-round staff member.
- Participants are supervised at all times when the program is in session by at least one trained staff member.
- Year-round leadership staff are always involved, leading or assisting the program, providing oversight and guidance, and handling emergencies.
Activities & Facilities
- All program equipment is inspected before each use.
- All staff members are trained in program and equipment safety.
American Camp Association (ACA) Accredited
ACA's accreditation program helps camps meet the expectations of the industry and parents. Because we are ACA-accredited, we have met over 275 standards relating to program quality and camper/staff health and safety. See more at: https://www.acacamps.org