The mission of Camp Susque is Biblical evangelism and growth in Christian character for youth, young adults and families.
Camp Susque is a non-denominational Christian camp with the goal of introducing campers of all ages to our God and Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ, as proclaimed in His Word, the Bible. We present God's glory through the wonders of creation experienced in a rustic camp setting and His grace as seen through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. We strive to build Christian character in campers and staff alike through living and teaching God's desires and expectations for His people.
Our Beliefs & Statement of Faith
The underlying goal of our camp ministry is to introduce campers to our Creator God - the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Our Statement of Faith identifies in brief, who God is in statements one and two.
- To teach who God is, we use the Bible, as declared in statement three.
- Statements four through seven help to provide those distinctive thoughts that characterize our philosophy on evangelism. (Soteriology is the doctrine of salvation.)
- Our responsibility to God for all of our life now and through eternity, is given in statements eight through eleven.
We believe that:
- There is ONE GOD, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit of infinite and unchangeable Holiness, Power, Wisdom, Knowledge, Love, Goodness, Justice, Mercy and Truth. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, is therefore God manifest in the flesh (or who became truly human by His virgin birth following conception by the Holy Spirit).
- God created, and in His providence, upholds, governs, and directs all things, from the smallest to the greatest. That He, from eternity has a wise and holy purpose for every part of creation.
- The Bible is the inerrant Word of God. The words of Scripture are the very words of God. The Bible is our only incontestable authority for all matters of belief and practice.
- Man was made morally upright but fell into sin in Adam. He lost original righteousness and became devoid of a true desire to worship God. Men are now born dead in sin and without the ability to understand any spiritual, God-given truths. Therefore, all men are doomed to eternal separation from God unless they are reconciled to God before death, by faith in Christ.
- There is a positive hope. Jesus Christ, our Priest and substitute, guarantees salvation for all who believe. Jesus Christ came to earth, via virgin birth, and in the place of the sinner, fulfilled all of God's holy will of righteousness. Then He suffered the full penalty of death due to sin, conquered death and ascended into heaven to intercede for each and all who are drawn to Him by grace, receive forgiveness and life in Christ.
- God initiates and man responds. All who receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and by faith submit to Him, do so in response to the gracious ministry of the Holy Spirit in their heart. Salvation is wholly an act of God by His grace alone.
- Peace with God is established for all who have, by faith in Christ's ministry of reconciliation, sought for mercy and forgiveness of sins. God never turns aside an honest, seeking heart.
- Believers are to grow in Christian maturity. All who have received the new life of the Spirit by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, will experience a change in motivation, attitude, and a desire to fulfill God's directives for their lives. Love for God is the honorable motive in following His directives.
- Assurance of continued salvation. A true believer in Jesus Christ may know his or her sins are forgiven by means of the promise in Scripture, and by the witness of the Holy Spirit within the heart.
- All believers in Christ Jesus are called to be ambassadors. This is the responsibility and privilege to introduce others to our Creator God, the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Gospel of Grace.
- All things have an eternal importance to God. "Right now counts forever." All human history will culminate for the glory of our Lord and Savior.
- For those who willfully refuse to seek God for mercy and refuse to acknowledge Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, they will receive the just judgment due them throughout eternity.
- For those who submit in faith to our Creator God, the Savior Jesus Christ, they will receive from God in this present life, the fatherly providential care that will make them godly men and women prepared for the inheritance determined by God for each one throughout eternity.
- Jesus Christ, who is the Lord of history, by His second coming to earth will with His authority rule and bring to pass all that has been determined by God for the good of those who love Him.
- God wonderfully and immutably has created each person as male or female. These two distinct and complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27). God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union.
- All human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other state or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139)